Thursday, June 24, 2004

I've Got a Prayer Request

Dear Readers:
A person I know via Instant Messenger recently pinged me with a prayer request. This young lady, who we'll call Amarada, has had two miscarriages in the last year alone, and now finds herself pregnant again. She would appreciate any and all spare prayers you guys and gals can offer for the benefit of this woman. She has wanted to have a child but thus far has not had a pregnancy come to a successful conclusion. The doctors have no clue what is causing the miscarriages which adds another layer of grief to the equation. I would recommend the following novena prayer to St. Gerard Majella:


Most Blessed Trinity, I, Your child, thank You for all the gifts and privileges which You granted to Saint Gerard, especially for those virtues with which You adorned him on earth and the glory which You now impart to him in heaven. Accomplish Your work, Oh Lord, so that Your kingdom may come about on earth. Through his merits in union with those of Jesus and Mary, grant me the grace for which I ask {mention your petition}.

And you, my powerful intercessor, Saint Gerard, always so ready to help those who have recourse to you, pray for me. Come before the throne of Divine Mercy and do not leave without being heard. To you I confide this important and urgent affair {mention your petition}. Graciously take my cause in hand and do not let me end this prayer without experiencing the effects of your intercession. Amen.


P.S. Also, to all my fellow bloggers, if you can spare the space, would you mind terribly linking this article as well? With prayer, the more the merrier I always say.

No comments: