Thursday, February 26, 2004

New plan for Lenten Reflections
Soon after the posting of Lenten Reflection #1, Fr. Tharp and I realized we needed to adjust our plan. So, I have started my own blog where I will post my promised reflections on Wednesdays and Fridays of Lent. Now, we know what you are thinking. I have only been blogging here for one week. In that time, Fr. Tharp has begun his own blog, Apologize and Don't Be Sorry!, and now I have begun my own. You may be tempted to think secularly, smelling blood in the water, as when a member of some musical group goes solo. The egos were bound to collide sooner or later like wreckless, defiant freight trains. We knew it couldn't last long. There's a break-up in the air, you might think, somewhat like these guys.

We assure you nothing like that is happening. We realized that with the frequency of our posting, the Lenten reflections could get lost easily. Also, we enjoy quite a bit of humor, and we feared other posts on this blog might interfere with a reflective mindset. I mean lets face it. You could easily find a day's reflection posted between a photo of a gorilla and Kermit the Frog! We realized we needed a separate place where readers could enjoy the spiritual matters, free from distraction. The link to any given day's reflection will still be provided on this blog.

Consider it much like the architecture of a church. We regularly set aside things having to do with the spiritual. The sanctuary is set off from the nave of a church. So, consider this blog to be the nave of the church. Consider the link to my new blog like the Communion rail. And consider my new blog to be the sanctuary where you can hopefully profit from the reflections easily and without distraction.

No comments: