Wednesday, February 18, 2004

A Wee Little Game

There is a very old joke which goes: Rene Descartes walks into a bar, and the barkeep says, "Would you like a beer?" Descartes replies, "I think not," and then disappears.

I thought it might be fun to see you can figure out the theological error I am describing based on the joke and its setup. The A. joke will be a Protestant error or reformer and the B. joke will be a Catholic heresy or error Catholics tend to fall into. Think of it as my attempt to be fair and balanced. --koff--

A. A man walks into a bar. The bar is dirty, nobody takes his order, and ignores his every request. The man stands up and says, "I could run a bar better than this." So he gets up and starts his own.

B. A man walks into a bar. He orders a beer to which the bartender replies, "Get it yourself. I'm just here to provide example."

Man, this is so destined to be a home game...

No comments: