Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I shouldn't do this during Lent, but...

I received a letter from the local Catholic Charities outpost in Enid, but it wasn't for me. It was for the previous pastor. Now, I have called them, sent the letter back to the place, and sent the letter to the previous pastor. I am still getting his mail.

But this is the funny part. The letter actually says, "As a valued member of the Catholic Charities Advisory Committee for the Enid Regional Office, I would like to invite you to the next quarterly meeting." Aaaaah, WHAT! He is so valuable that they haven't noted his absence. Or is he so valuable that you are wasting a stamp to make sure that he NEVER GETS THE LETTER?

Face it, folks, this kind of incompetence is what my contribution to Catholic Charities goes to. St. Josemaria Escriva used to mention that doing your job well was a step toward introducing the Gospel to others. I guess they didn't get the message.

No comments: