Wednesday, March 24, 2004

In Tribute to Number 10,000!: Ragemonkey Superstar

Wow. I mean, really, WoW. I started this blog only a month and a half ago on February 15, 2004. That's an average of 112.36 visitors each day. Thanks to repeat traffic as well as the occasional "lurker." Also, thanks go to Techmonkey Dave for encouraging me to start the blog and Fr. H, my co-monkey in crime and in rage.

So what to do with 10,000 visitors? I say we write a musical. I can see it. It would be the tragic and comic story of two priests who try to spread the Gospel anyway they can. They found a blog and this leads to lots of fun songs containing words that rhyme with "blog" and "post." Along the way, one reader at first finds them unreadable but then is slowly changed. This could work.

We could base the music on "Jesus Christ Superstar" except the name would have to be "Ragemonkey Superstar." Here's a little taste of Ragemonkey Superstar.

"I Don't Know How to Link Him" (sung to the tune "I Don't Know How to Love Him")

I don't know how to link them / What to do, how to comment
I've been changed, yes really changed / In these past few days
When I've read their stuff / I seem like someone else

I don't know why I come back / I don't see why they move me
He's a priest / They're both just priests
And I see my priest / every week
or even every day / They aren’t the same.

Should I load it up? / Should I tell my friends?
Should I comment here and / Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this / What's it all about?

Don't you think it's rather funny / I should find their blog so winning?
I'm the one / Who's always been
So calm so cool / No Blogspot fool
Running every show / They amuse me so

I never thought I'd come to this / What's it all about?

Yet / If they said they linked me / I'd be thrilled
I'd be giddy / I couldn't cope / Just couldn't cope
my eyes would clog / I'd back away
I'd want everyone to know / they linked me oh
I read them both / I love their blog!

No comments: