Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Luke 15:25
"Now the older son had been out in the field and, on his way back, as he neared the house, he heard the sound of music..." Sometimes it is fun to take Scripture out of context for comedic value. I am using this quote from the Prodigal Son account to announce the end of a long drought in my life. I am returning to theatre! No, I am not leaving my day, and night, and anytime someone needs me job. The local town theatre is putting on "The Sound of Music" for two weekends in April. I have already been helping the "nuns" learn their Latin lines, as well as giving an English translation so they know what they are saying. Now, for the brief marriage scene (and thankfully a non-speaking role!) I will play the priest solemnizing the vows! My last role was in Spring of 1999 in the seminary's production of Stalag 17, in which I played Eddie Price. I'm excited.

No comments: