Sunday, March 14, 2004

Thank God It's Sunday!

Or at least it will be. Next week, 6 priests will be here to hear confessions for my parishioners. Would everyone who reads this blog pray for all those who will come and those who are hesitant to come to confession?

For the loverly dinner before the penance rite, this is what I am planning to serve:
Cream of Red Pepper Soup
Roasted Beet Salad on a Bed of Beet Greens
Some sort of Beef (Roast or Steaks), Pasta with lovely red sauce made by Fr. H (Shush! Ancient Italian Secret), and a vegetable medley

and for dessert...Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream with a cookie

Sounds good doesn't it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...ahem....which parish is this going to be at?

MemoriaDei said...

Well, I am seeing this almost 5 full years later! I didn't know about blogs back then. Anyway...I betcha I know the *segreto* (secret) ingredient in that perfect Italian sauce. Sugar. Oh, and I'm not afraid of Reconciliation...love it! Especially by appointment face to face. Love the bits of spiritual direction that way. Thanks for all you do, Father!