Thursday, April 15, 2004

Blame Canada!

When I first read the writing of Michael O'Brien, I found it hard to believe that his words reflected the state of affairs in our placid neighbor to the north. I guess I was due for an education.

First, there is the question of hate speech. While the United States has slowly slid into the morass of materialism and relativistic thinking, Canada has lubed up the slide and gone down face first. Now, I am not one to say that all speech is necessarily protected especially when it is meant to terrorize others. But when the Bible and the Catechism are explicitly mentioned as HATE LITERATURE, you know you have no friends there. Check out Pete Vere at Envoy Encore.

Second, Canada resumes its cottage industry for war deserters. The article is here.

Third, hockey is an evil and unnatural sport. But more on that later...

No comments: