Thursday, April 01, 2004

A Little Slice of Heaven!

In case you are wondering, this is what my little church in Alva, OK looks like.






We are in the midst of a light renovation and this is the effects of the first two phases. More when more is done. If you want a mini slideshow of the features of my parish, you can see it here.

Because folks asked, I will explain the three steps to the renovation of my little slice of heaven. First, the Blessed Sacrament was in a little alcove off to the side. I moved it from the alcove where He was ignored to "center stage." Second, the altar had been offcenter to the right as you look at the sanctuary. The altar was disassembled and moved. Then the platform was recut to fit the shape better. Those two steps are done. The next and final step will be to install a confessional where the Blessed Sacrament had been at one time. Ah, those progressive 70's. Also, new hymnals, new vestments, new altar linens. It's going to be AWESOME.

No comments: