Tuesday, April 13, 2004

"Pleased to meet you...hope you guess my name"
This corny reference to Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" is my way of saying I feel as if I should reintroduce myself to the blog after my long silence. I have been away from any serious blogging for some time. Part of it is that I have been away from my computer for days at a time and part of it is that I have been rather preoccupied with many things of late. I have also been struggling to learn how to use my new Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) more effectively. So, that is where my technological energies have been focused. Also, nightly rehearsals for the "Sound of Music" have begun and I am at our local theatre trying to lend support and waiting for my brief appearance. Tonight was the first night in costume: I wore cassock, surplice, stole, cope, and biretta. People were in awe. I had non-Catholics just stunned at the liturgical elegance and even some of the high school guys wanted to try the biretta and cope on. I told them all they needed to do was become Catholic and then become priests.

Much like Kindergarten finger paint wars, I see someone has commandeered all the colors on the blog in a unilateral show of force. Oh, well, no matter what the color, with my return readers can again enjoy the balance, insight, and pastoral sensitivity you have come to expect from my posts!

No comments: