Saturday, June 26, 2004

They needed a study to find this out?

I don't know about the rest of the clubhouse, but I think I picked this one awhile back. I love the fact that TV PSAs (Public Service Announcements) claim that if you talk to your kids you can keep them in school, away from tobacco, off drugs, eating a better diet, and exercising regularly. But the instant puberty starts hanging out in the bedroom, then parents are practically shamed into buying a subscription to Playboy/Playgirl, a year's supply of oral contraception/condoms, and free pass to a strip club for the kid. (Okay, that last one might be an exaggeration...might be.) The message is a child can control everything but their sex drive.

Given some of the things mentioned in this post, I can't wait to see who accidentally ends up here through Google Searches.

No comments: