Friday, July 02, 2004

Note to a Friend

Recently, a friend of mine and I were chatting about some business that needed to be tended to. Eventually, the conversation drifted over to what was happening in our respective ends of the universe, and I began to regal him with the account of the difficulties I was having with a pair of students in my catechism classes. Not that they are problem students; it's just that these two women don't quite have the acumen needed sometimes to really understand what we are reading and this leads to circular conversations of varying degrees of frustration. Without missing a beat, my friend asked if I had something of a teacher in me to which I, obviously, agreed. He said, "That sounds right. The teacher type always focuses upon the one or two who don't get while the rest of the class is basking in knowledge and wisdom." He, of course, had pegged me to the wall.

This is all I am going to say to this friend. If you insist on being so wise and helpful and insightful in the future, I might have to let you call me any time that you want to.

No comments: