Thursday, August 19, 2004

Campaign Trail: Day 2
I will try to update our readers about the events surrounding my nomination to the Council of Priests and the election September 1. Yesterday I wrote that the mudslinging had already begun. Pictures of a priest dressed in very traditional priestly garb don't fair too well these days outside of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. So the pics of me in cassock and biretta were an easy target for the mudslingers. I never dreamed that simply being a priest and looking like one could do such electoral harm.

However, I am happy to announce that today, my campaign spin doctors have pulled out a brilliant response. A picture of me washing feet from Holy Thursday of 2002 has surfaced and has provided so much damage control, to the point that I have now been endorsed by the "Worker Priest Movement"! And the best part of the photo, in my estimation, is that you can see in it, precisely in the act of getting on the ground and washing feet, that I am wearing the cassock and an amice (under the alb, of course).

Yesterday was looking down so early out of the starting gate on the campaign trail; today couldn't be more different!

A reminder to readers: Though I have indeed been nominated to the Council of Priests, campaign reporting is entirely fictictious. However, the photos of which I have written, do indeed exist.

No comments: