Friday, August 20, 2004

I seriously think this is of the devil
If you have been reading the blog lately you know that I have been watching the Olympics each day. Today I saw the commercial again, the commercial about which I had previously planned to blog. It is a JC Penney back to school commercial. It features young kids (younger than middle school) sporting the newest and most hip of clothing. What bothers me is the music that says something like "Rock your body" as these same young children gyrate and perform various pelvic moves. Now, the other moves these kids somehow pull off are quite impressive. But I think the whole thing is disgusting and shameful. And that the parents of these children allowed them to be exploited as booty-shakers for JC Penney, all for a mighty buck, is perverse. I think it is of the devil.

No comments: