Wednesday, August 04, 2004

A Martial Priesthood

While I am not the Real Slim Shady, I am really into the vision of the spiritual life as a battle. After reading the Letter to the Romans, I find my ideas confirmed and supported. Namely, that being a really faithful Christian takes a fair amount of work and sweat on our part because we have such a debt of God's goodness to respond to.

In my last post, I mentioned the whirling spin kick of love as part of my coersive tools. I have others. They are all part of my personal Martial Arts System, Tharp-Kwan-Do. This personal system is a part of the larger system called Agape-jitsu. Like traditional eastern martial arts, a practioner of Tharp-Kwon-Do uses his special skills only for defense of the Faith and the conversion of souls. We do not use this knowledge to injure others, unless a free Mocha Latte from Starbucks is in the offing. In that case, you take your life into your hands. Along with the move mentioned above, other manuevers include: Toe Hold of Logic, the Grapple Throw of Tradition, Roundhouse Kick of Conversion, Reverse Punch of Hope, and my personal favorite, the Reductio ad Absurdum Bear Hug.

Those interested in learning more of these techniques need only visit my dojo in Alva, OK.

No comments: