Thursday, August 26, 2004

Yahoo! News - Judge Stops Partial-Birth Abortion Law

Sadly, I am not surprised by this. I am still amazed at how the law so often is construed in a theoretical sense. For example, the idea of needing a health exception for a partial birth abortion flies in the face of the American Medical Association has stated, that there are no medically necessary reasons to have a partial birth abortion. Furthermore, after about 24 weeks, and that would be the most extreme time I have seen, the child IS VIABLE. If the mother doesn't want the child, then put him up for adoption. Maybe I am too simplistic a thinker...clearly, I was born in the wrong century. Anyone know of a temporal rift going back to the 13th century? I am willing to put up with the frequent smallpox outbreaks.

No comments: