Saturday, September 04, 2004

COMMUNION CONTROVERSY, STUPID PRESS, TAKE 2
If you don't know what Communion controversy I am talking about, check the archives for this site, I need to work on a homily so I must keep my blogging short today. Let us just say that Cardinal Ratzinger's office has sided with my Bishop, that rice hosts are not valid matter, and no matter how much the mother or daughter "believe" it is Jesus' Body and Blood, it ain't so.

I was informed by reliable sources, though I did not read the article myself (couldn't find the paper), that a local newspaper reported that my Bishop was "summoned" to the Vatican to make an accounting of this controversy. Well, I guess is some fashion you can say that the Bishop was "summoned" to Rome, but not for the reason implied by the article. Bishop Smith left for Rome to make his ad limina visit, the planning for which has been going on for a year or so. I am sure that the Communion controversy will come up in some of his meetings with the dicasteries, but that is not the reason he is there.

Just another example of trying to make something out of nothing, in order to criticize the Church.

No comments: