Thursday, September 02, 2004

Monster Rectory?

I was watching a re-run of Monster House on the Discovery Channel when a delicious idea hit me. Why not put my rectory up for this kind of treatment? We could call it the "Monastery House." Unfortunately, they don't accept projects that are more than an hour away from L.A. or Las Vegas. So while I might still send in an application, I don't think we are going to get anywhere with them.

That leaves Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. For that to fly, though, a group of people would have to send in letters, extolling my merits and virtues, as all of you know, I have none, so that's probably right out as well.

Why all of this focus upon re-decorating? Well, let's see...the plaster is sliding off the wall in the downstairs living room due to a leaking roof. The carpet is so old upstairs that I saw a sample of it on the Brady Bunch. (P.S. they hated it too.) The upstairs bathtub looks like it was taken from a closed asylum for dunking the mentally ill, better known as hydrotherapy. The house was built in the 1930's so let that piece of information guide you.

I will keep you posted on developments on that front.

No comments: