Wednesday, September 01, 2004

WATCH PARTY COUNCIL OF PRIESTS: DECISION 2004
In a few minutes polls will close and the deed will be done. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results. I am told it usually happens quickly. Apparently, you are called on the phone only if you win. If you don't win, you're just dropped like so much trash, not even worthy of a call to say "Thanks for running." Anyway... I spoke to another candidate tonight, hoping he would concede the election, but he didn't. He told me he had not received a phone call either. So, either the both of us lost, or the election commission hasn't tabulated the results yet.

Getting the results quickly would be nice so the waiting is over. But there is another reason. As revelers continue to party, getting sloppy drunk, and waving huge "V" signs from the campaign, it would be nice to be able to send them home! How many more photos can I endure with campaign supporters hanging on me and slurring: "I love you, man! Eerrr... I mean, Father!"

No comments: