Tuesday, October 12, 2004

10-5-21
Folks, Fr. Tharp and I (and, we hope, the other Catholic pastors of northwest Oklahoma) are getting very excited about Mark Shea's upcoming visit. Fr. Tharp put together an excellent flier and sent it out to all of the parishes Mark is to visit. That helps with the local publicity. I have posted the flier all over my three parishes and I have put a "freeze" on all other parish activities for the night of Mark's visit. I don't want anything competing with his talk. Today, I began an all out media blitz to prepare for Mark's visit. I prepared a Press Release and e-mailed it to my brother priests who are also hosting Mark. That ought to cut down on their own need to re-invent the wheel, so to speak. They can simply modify my press release for their parish and send it out. So, what's up with the title of this post? No, I am not playing American Legion Football. That number sequence represents my media blitz:

10 Newspapers in the Oklahoma, Texas, & Kansas area have been sent the Press Release;

5 Radio Stations have received the Press Release; and,

21 One of the radio stations has 21 different affiliates in the region who will also be fed the release from the home office station.

10, 5, 21!!! Mark Shea media blitz [read with Transylvanian accent]. Bwah, ha, ha, ha!

No comments: