Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I should have shopped around a bit more...

I found this quiz at Finally a Winner! , a blog run by Techmonkey Buddy/Groupie Steph. I have joked that her blog should be called "Finally a Wiener" because of her anti-Yankee stance and her Diamondbacks affliation. But I digress...

She features a quiz to find your ideal hometown, and let's just say Oklahoma City wasn't anywhere to be found. As a priest who is not really free to move out of the diocese into which he is incardinated, I thought it would be interesting to see what the program thought was my ideal base of operations.

So here's the list. I highlighted places I have been and loved visiting in Red, the places I have visited in Blue and the rest are simply no opinion. Also, as I have never visited the West Coast, the results are a little skewed toward the upper Midwest/Northeast.

1. Pittsburg, PA (I was there for a weekend when a good friend from high school got married here. It was a nice town, although the road layout left something to be desired.)
2. Carlisle, PA (This was the offramp I would take when I headed back and forth from seminary. Wasn't there long enough to form an opinion.)
3. Long Island, NY (Love their Iced Teas!)
4. New York, New York
5. Des Moines, IA (Iowa, as one of my associates from Nebraska once said, stands for Idiots Out Walking Around. I responded, "I have been to Nebraska. You don't have a lot of room to talk." In the interest of full disclosure, my family is from Iowa, although I was born in Oklahoma.)
6. Nashua, New Hampshire
7. Philadelphia, PA (I spent four years of my life in the City of Brotherly Love and apart from driving in downtown, I loved it!)
8. Erie, PA
9. Syracuse, NY
10. Manhattan, NY
11. Portland, ME
12. Toledo, OH
13. Rochester, NY
14. Buffalo, NY (Love those chicken wings!)
15. Manchester, NH
16. Cleveland, OH
17. Detroit, MI
18. Omaha, NE
19. Indianapolis, IN
20. Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
21. Altoona, PA
22. Harrisburg, PA
23. Wilmington, DE
24. Albany, NY

Try it today. I would have better feelings about the West Coast, but alas, no one has invited me to visit or to speak to their parish. =Sigh= Oh, well...

No comments: