Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Pleasant Christmas Memory

All of this buzz I created when I voiced my disdain for Santa reminded me of a wonderful, terrible thing I did when I was in the seminary.

Every year, on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, the day off from classes would be used to decorate the seminary for the coming feast of Christmas. It was usually a lot of laughs. Anyway, one year, the college division men decorated the common message board like it were a brightly festooned package. Across the top it read "Messages from Santa."

I couldn't resist. Using another seminarian as a lookout, I applied my powerful ability with anagrams and left my mark on the lower side. After I was done, the board claimed that it contained "Messages from Satan." I walked away giggling and enjoying the prank. But that's not the best part.

The message board remained that way for about 4 days. For 4 days, nobody noticed that the seminarians were in open contact with the Prince of Darkness. Thankfully, none of my messages ended up there; I was getting all of my messages from the P.o.D. via email.

No comments: