Friday, December 31, 2004

REAL MONKS. REAL SAVINGS.
I noticed that Fr. Hamilton is going to update our links, and wanted to share a neat link. I read about this group of Cisterian Monks who found a new way of supporting themselves financially -- they sell printer ink cartridges. One of their monks discovered that there is often a 200% markup on printer ink cartridges, especially if you but "recycled" ones. They decided to get into the business. I have found their prices to be $5-10 less than buying cartridges at Staples or OfficeMax, and I support a group of Catholic monks in their ministry of prayer and service. In reading their webpage they seem to be a rather traditional group of monks; celebrating the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours in Latin (and the traditional Benedictine LOH to boot). I get not kick back for recommending them. Just FYI for CRM readers.

No comments: