Friday, January 14, 2005

Faith and the Fitness to Serve

I was puttering around the rectory tonight, and I kept thinking that there was something that I wanted to blog about. For the life of me, I could not figure out what it was. Then I flipped the channel past ABC, saw Barbara Walters, and instantly remembered.

A few days back, there was an article featured on the Drudge Report concerning the president and his faith. Now, I must admit, I might have been reading something into this article, but really, is this even newsworthy? Has the state of affairs sunk so low that people need to be informed that a public official strives to live a consistent life, one of faith both in the confines of home, office, and the sanctuary? After all, news needs, by definition, to be something unusual or unknown, something out of the ordinary.

In response to those who find GWB's reliance upon his Christian faith surprising or even backward, this little bit of sarcasm is just for you. Beware, it's a little rough.

"Yes, yes, of course, you're right. How benighted of him to allow his personal private religious predilections to influence and shape his thinking...it's positively barbaric. Ah, for those halcyon days under that Southern gentlemen's administration. You know whom I mean...the fellow that thought it was a perfectly acceptable matter to accept oral genital stimulation from a woman over whom he exercised considerable power and influence who was the approximate same age as his daughter. Not that there is anything wrong with that..."

No comments: