Thursday, February 24, 2005

From Bad to Worse...

Folks, I hate to be the pessimist, but I think this is the final hour for our Holy Father. I cannot think of a better tribute to this man who has guided the Church these years than to say that without him, I would not be the priest I am today. While in the seminary, a Jesuit professor from Fordham, Fr. Joseph Koterski, came and lectured about the Holy Father. This was around the time of the release of Fides et Ratio. Because of that lecture, I spent the next year reading and reflecting on the encyclicals of John Paul II. His breadth of knowledge and profundity of insight changed me, I would hope for the better.

He has weathered many storms. The hour of our captain's passing is here. May God grant him peace and securite, true contrition, and a place in the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.

No comments: