Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Church Tapped to Square Off Against Spidey

At first, I thought this would be a mano-a-mano death match between Cardinal Egan and the Websligner. Alas, I was mistaken.

For those who remember this actor from Wings on NBC or his most recent turn in the excellent film, Sideways, I am looking forward to what this third Spidey flick might generate. The question remains though, which villian will he be?

I think we can reasonable eliminate the Lizard from the list as we have already met Dr. Connors. They could change actors; it's not unheard of. Venom could be a likely candidate, but there is some question if the screenwriters are going to follow the TV cartoon story line which had J. Jonah Jameson's son become the first alien symbiote host or if somehow they will bring Eddie Brock into the picture. Hmmm...who else? Submit choices in the comments area, but I am going with (in order of likelihood) Mysterio, Electro, or Venom.

No comments: