Friday, April 01, 2005

Before I run off to the gym...

I was watching Fox News, preparing to run off to the gym, listening to Linda Vester do a nice job interviewing various Vaticani and those knowledgeable of the Pope. As I was reading the ticker, I saw this: "Muslims throughout the Middle East...are joining with Christians as they pray for the ailing Pope..." or something like that. This suggests to me the reality and supernatural dimension of the Papacy. Even now, his peaceful time of translation unites and perhaps challenges all of us to ask who is it that I worship. Wouldn't it be a remarkable last patrimony of this Holy Father to bring many hearts to conversion, that this passing would conquer the last obstacles, and thereby serve as a "gangplack into the Barque of Peter"?

No comments: