Tuesday, April 19, 2005

It must be killing him!

No, not some psycho liberal, but Fr. Hamilton (oh, wait...aren't those the same thing?). He is driving back to his parish in the Oklahoma Panhandle and therefore is incapable of blogging. For several hours, I have unlimited control. Bwahahahahahahaha!

I was reflecting on some thing that I saw elsewhere on the blogosphere concerning the name of Benedict for our new Holy Father. I, of course, linked up with Benedict XV, but someone else mentioned that St. Benedict is very fitting in his own right. After all, St. Benedict helped to spark a cultural transformation of Europe, and as co-patron of Europe, he would be a fitting person to invoke if one were out to set Europe on fire again for the Gospel.

This reminds me. If Americans are essentially heirs to European culture and value assessment, then could we please please please have a cultural transformation as well?

No comments: