Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It's not St. Peter's Square, but I am pleased
We don't have millions flocking to our parish church to honor Pope John Paul II, but I was very pleased by tonight's Mass attendance. We had about 230 people come for Mass. And, I believe most all of them stayed as I led the Rosary immediately after Mass. In my homily, I told about a couple of the times I had met Pope John Paul II and had Mass with him in his private chapel. Then, after Mass and the Rosary, I rushed over to the Parish Hall to talk to the combined Junior High and High School youth groups about the interregnum. It was a very busy evening.

Now that we know the start date of the Conclave, I have scheduled a few Masses with the intention "Cardinal Electors in Conclave". I think I will make that the daily intention for as long as the Conclave meets. We will probably also have daily Rosary at that time too.

No comments: