Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Enough Already!

I got hit twice with the book meme so here are my responses:

1. Total Number of Books I've Owned: As both a nerd and one of the chronically over-educated, I have always had a severe case of bibliophilia. So for sake of estimation, let's say more than 1,000 but less than 2,000. When I left my previous assignment, I brought 13 boxes (large banker's boxes) of books. That should give you an indication.

2. Last Book I Bought: I think that would be a double purchase of a book on the role superheroes play in the spiritual life (written by a Protestant but is already getting tweaked in my brain) and another book called The Evil 100. Sadly, I didn't make the list.

3. Last book I read: Again, this is tricky as I am usually in the middle of three or four books at once. So, I will go by what I just finished which again is two books (I finished them on the same day) -- Wicked by Gregory MacGuire (far superior to the musical in a hundred or so ways) and Gift and Mystery by John Paul the Great of beloved memory (something of a re-read but extra enjoyable given that it was a gift from Fr. Robert Johansen)

4. Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:
a.) Catechism of the Catholic Church
b.) The Holy Bible
c.) The Lord by Romano Guardini
d.) Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
e.) Macbeth by William Shakespeare

5. Tag Five Bloggers to do the meme:
Hmmm, that's a hard list but...
The Curt Jester, Dawen Eden, J.P. Brown, Athanasius, and Fr. Sistare.

Of course, Dave's insistance that the other monkeys come up with this list will lead to interesting comparisions.

No comments: