Tuesday, November 22, 2005

In the Works

As if I don't have enough to do, I have been trying to find a way to fill my need for a chance to gather with like-minded, like-spirited individuals who are interested in learning and discussing all sorts of matters related to the Catholic Faith.

No, this is not a personals ad.

This is an ad for the beginnings of a Chesterton Society. There really doesn't seem to be a place for civilized folks to sit around and be civilized. I am thinking of starting something in the OKC metro area but meeting frequency and format is still a little elusive. Mainly, whatever I come up with, I don't need any more heavy lifting. It would need to be something where the leadership of the meeting could be handed over to someone else at a moment's notice, sorta like an understudy.

Here's what I have in mind. Once a month, society members would meet to discuss a chapter of a book or an essay or something like that. Then after the discussion we would go out for a relaxed dinner. Of course, what to read, how to lead meetings, what does membership in the society require, and other lovely but maddening details remain.

Would you folks be interested if it were offered in your neighborhood?

No comments: