Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oooh, Snap, Matt Lauer!

After Holy Mass for the Solemnity of All Saints', I sat down to a lovely breakfast of toast, eggs, and sausage. Yes, yes, how very Devonshire of me. Anyway, I was flipping through television channels (or should that be telly?) and who appeared on the Today Show but newest Ragemonkey reader, Anne Rice. Matt Lauer was interviewing her and Anne was giving her very best to the moment. The classic line from Mrs. Rice, for all those who hate, hate, hate, etc., The DaVinci Code, came when Matt Lauer, standing in a puddle of his own drool, asked if she was going to say anything about the married relationship (then he quickly recovered, amending his statement, with "alleged") of Christ and Mary Magdalene. She replied, "I am going to say only that which appears in the four Gospels, and THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP there." You'll forgive the paraphrase but you get the gist. Rice's works are not going to go the way of D.B.'s lunacy. Huzzah!

What this means is I will be further bankrupting myself by swinging over to Amazon later this morning.

No comments: