Monday, January 02, 2006

Fashionably Yours, Anti Christ Jeans?

Before you warm up your skewers to attack me, I know that this is a silly, frivilous culture that thinks that sassy jeans is some sort of real threat to Christianity. I can see the lines of bleached blonde teens squeeeeaaaaling with delight, "Becky, those jeans make your behind look fabulous! Let's not go to Sunday Mass!" Sorry it doesn't work that way.

What I find curious is a particular disconnect which has taken place in the minds of most people. If you are asked most readers of this blog, you would agree with the statement, "This culture has lost its Christian identity and we better do something to fix that." While others might respond with, "If I get anymore of this Christianity stuff rammed down my throat, I am going to hurl." If you believe in Christ, then until the culture belongs fully to Him, it's not enough. If you don't believe in Christ, any little bit of His presence is a terrible grit in your teeth. It seems to me however that anyone who would go so far as to make jeans which attack Christianity, it might be fair to say that the Church is making inroads and doesn't even know it. But then again, I am a sunny eyed optimist at times.

No comments: