Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pictures Like This Make Me Glad I Haven't Perfected Transporter Technology Yet

...as it would require me to both fire up the imagining array and decouple the Heisenberg Compensators to beam a large flaming load of grenades to various folks up and down both coasts. Just be happy I have been having trouble with the funding...

...Truth be told, this image actually perplexes me just a bit. After all, if the gurus who know all know are right that Christianity is a passing thing, and most people don't believe it anyway, why would someone who wanted to evoke a certain set of emotional reactions (mostly I suspect an attitude of both "aren't I great" and "isn't it terrible you don't own all my albums or appreciate my greatness" which would not precisely conform to the original image or recipient of said treatment) spend the time and effort to make himself up in this likeness? Further, doesn't our friend Kayne not realize that most of the people whom I assume he hopes to sway to his way of seeing things are going to be impressed with this daring outburst of hubris?...

No comments: