Friday, January 13, 2006

What's the deal Mr. Robertson?
Just had to borrow and transform a song lyric there. I was putting on my shoes this morning and listening to the day's top stories on the Today Show, when I learned of Pat Robertson's latest gaff. What is going on with this man? How does he remain front and center on the stage of his show with, I suppose, loyal viewers? I mean, yes, I understand it is his show and so it is no surprise that he remains. But, that he has to go through the effort to apologize (and this is not the first time) for his remarks seems to indicate to me that someone (perhaps his own viewers?) criticized his remarks. I don't think he would apologize just because the main stream media reacted to his remarks. I assume it must have been other Christian groups who called him on the carpet. So, given that, how does he remain with a television voice and an audience? I just don't get it.

No comments: