Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blog Comes to the University!

In another exciting adventure in mobile blogging, I am writing to you from NWOSU's library. I became of a Friend of the Library (as I am a friend of all libraries), and therefore that gave me access to the whole array of materials and technology at the center. So, I decided to get out of the rectory and work on my notes for the Triduum in a quiet secluded space -- that and I enjoy the strange stares I get, being a priest in a secular enviroment.

I am notably calmer than I have been in past years coming into this Triduum. There are some small matters to be worked out with music and such, key of these issues being my singing of the Exsultet (the Easter Proclamation). The choir director went ahead and rehearsed something without asking me if I would be doing the chant. Unfortunately, I think it has become the purview of musicians to do more of the music because many priests don't have the basic musical training to handle it. So, I think it was just an oversight and not anything more. It will be unpleasant and perhaps this year I will give the congregation a break from my yowling.

I can't tell you how awesome I find this wi-fi thing. It is exciting to be able to keep up with work, keep up with my various projects, and access the internet all at the same time.

Well, there's not much else to tell. I have about two hours of charge on my battery so I had best move toward wrapping it up. I will try to remember to post a few of my comments and/or homilies just for your reading fun.

No comments: