Friday, April 07, 2006

Things Are Looking Up!

If you have been following this blog for any length of time, you have heard about the Borromeo Project, my adult formation series. The first year focuses on reading the Catechism and learning the prayers of the Church as well as the Liturgy of the Hours. It is a group study: in the introduction, I wrote, “If you are tempted to take this home and use it by yourself, take my advice. Don’t.” I intend to use quotes from the folks who have gone through the program to back up my points.

Well, I got a new email from the publisher. I think we are a go. There are some negotiations ahead, but I think all things being equal, we have it. I would suspect some revision is coming and I have had some ideas on the side as well. So, if you could remember the Borromeo Project during your prayers today, I would appreciate.

Hey, I had a cool idea: The Borromeo Project Podcast in which I treat questions and clarifications needed for groups as well as forums.

UPDATE: Confirmed! I got off the phone a couple of hours ago with the publisher and it is a GO! I cannot wait to receive my first professional writing contract! The rollout, for those interested parties, is slated for April 2007. I think we could get it done earlier, perhaps in time for Lent 2007, but that remains to be seen. Anyway, thanks to all readers and supporters who have tracked the madness. It is over; someone pop open the champagne!

No comments: