Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Totus Tuus Youth Program
In the last week of July, my parish hosted a summer parish-based youth program called Totus Tuus (from the Latin motto of the late Pope John Paul II). The program was first begun in the Diocese of Wichita, Kansas, and has met with great success and great catechesis of the young. It has now expanded to several other states. This summer was the first time the program came to the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City. I was delighted to be asked to be one of three host parishes for the program. There was a great response from my parish and even a few kids from neighboring parishes/towns. The program exceeded almost all of my expectations. The link above will take you to the home page of Totus Tuus for the Dicoese of Wichita, Kansas. Our kids and youth received great formation from the week-long program and I am excited to watch the ripple effects of this formation in the years ahead. A couple of photos of the week are below.

No comments: