Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yawn!
It is 9:15 p.m. Sunday evening and I am one tired Pastor. I have just finished my official day as far as work goes. Yes, only now. That has become a new Sunday routine. I have Masses in the morning, of course. I come home from my mission parish for a late lunch and a quick nap. Then I head to the office to do some work and to complete any necessary preparation (notes, photocopies, etc.) for RCIA. I teach RCIA from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. and then I jump over to one of our school rooms (where I am now) to preside over a Bible Study for a small group of high school seniors in the parish. Our Youth Group meets on Wednesday evenings, but these seniors have lots of other conflicts (college classes they are already taking, work, other activities) and so they expressed some interest in having some youth group activity for them. I couldn't turn down kids who wanted to do something, so I am repeating the Bible Study I already lead for the 9th graders for the seniors. It doesn't require any more organizational work, just the time spent in the class.

So, that means the "work" of my Sundays ends somewhere now around 9:15 p.m. It is all very much worth it and, for the time being, my energy is holding up.

Tomorrow I get to go to Wichita for a small day of recollection and for spiritual direction. I'll also manage to see some former parishioners who now live in Wichita. I am looking forward to all of it.

No comments: