Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Making the Most of the Year

Howdy, all. I have an appointment in about 15 minutes, but I want to share an idea with you. First, a question.

Have you forgotten who this year is especially dedicated to? It's been about 3 months of the Year of St. Paul, and becuase I don't want this to slip under the radar, I want to share an ongoing project of mine. I have been spending this year, re-reading St. Paul. Once I am through the Letters (and I include Hebrews), I am going to go back and make a run at actually studying them.

In seminary, I did have a class on St. Paul. Please note: A class. Three credit hours are enough, I suppose, in the scheme of education, but not enough when it comes to life long formation and use. So, I thought, no better time than now.

At this point, I am up to Philippians and am making good progress. I am working on a bible study for my parishes on St. Paul starting in January or February and then transitioning to a St. Paul-centric mystagogy for the parish and for the RCIA folks. But shhh! don't tell.

If there is interest sufficient, I will post a reading schedule for the rest of the year. Just let me know.

4 comments:

[s] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in the list.

Sarah said...

I'd be interested, too, Father. There's so much out there to read that it would be nice to have a nice, focused list.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear your recommendations! I've been intermittently reading the Navarre Bible on I Corinthians and II Corinthians and found some really good insights.