Saturday, April 30, 2005

Oh, this is just what I needed...

I remember reading Marvel comics and being fascinated with the possibility of mutation -- especially the X-Men. This didn't trouble me, then or now, because these powers and aberrations were hiding in the DNA. They didn't ask for these powers; they just got them. However, when a character called the "High Evolutionary" appears on the scene and has been fiddling with DNA, then I got uncomfortable. I am more so now. Folks in science, go grab a copy of Jurassic Park and read the exchange between Ian, the mathematician and the psycho-freaky old guy. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Well, I guess this is just envitable -- Sign me up to be mingled with a walrus since our body shapes and dental histories are very similar...

No comments: