Friday, July 08, 2005

Novena To Our Lady of Mount Carmel

I received this from a clandestine member of the CRM Hegemony via email. I would encourage all readers to make this novena and consecration this year. Especially, I would ask that you make your consecration for the benefit of your respective diocese and/or religious community. Even though they are structural elements of the Faith, dioceses and religious orders are composed of Christians who must assent to the Faith. By these acts of consecration, may we look first to ourselves for reform and then our brothers and sisters in the Lord. The novena follows.

This novena begins July 8 and ends on July 16, the feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. When not reciting the prayers in church or in common with others, read both parts, priest and people.

Novena in Honor of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

Prayers
Priest: We fly to you, our Lady and our Mother, with entire confidence! Your Son, Jesus, has given you power over His Heart. Take us, your children, and place us in that Divine Heart, so that our souls may be purified of all that is displeasing to Him, that henceforth our hearts may be like yours, in their love of God and neighbor.

People: Mary, be mindful of us as we kneel before you. By your love of God, hear us; by your fidelity to God, intercede for us; by your power over the devil, protect us.

Priest and People: O most beautiful Flower of Mt. Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of heaven, singular vessel of the Holy Spirit, hear my prayer as I kneel before you. Mary, Empress of Heaven, from the bottom of my heart I beg you to hear my prayer and grant me the graces and favors I ask...(Here pause while requests are made in silence.) If what I ask is not for the glory of God or the salvation of my soul, then give me peace of mind and what is most conducive to both.

People: Mary, Mother of my Savior, I love you. Mary, delight of the Holy Spirit, I hope in you. Mary, eternal choice of God the Father, be queen of my heart.

Priest: Stretch out, most bountiful Jesus, your pierced hands, which you on the cross have stretched out for all sinners, and bless me in body and soul, as ascending into heaven, you have blessed your apostles, that our enemy terrified at the sign of the cross, may flee from us and not hurt us. Bless me, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Act of Consecration
Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I consecrate myself to you, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me from your hands. Since you regard those who wear your scapular with special favor, I beg you to strengthen my weakness with your power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with your wisdom, and to increase within me faith, hope and love.

Keep your eyes of mercy turned toward me and bring me your special protection in the daily struggle to be faithful to your Divine Son and to you. Separate from me all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to honor you and imitate your virtues. From this time onward I will strive to live in companionship with you, to offer all to Jesus through you and to make my life the mirror of your humility, love, patience, meekness and prayerfulness.

O Mother, support me with your never-failing love that I, a sinner, may come one day to exchange your scapular for the wedding garment of heaven, and to live with you and the saints of Carmel in the kingdom of God forever. Amen.

No comments: