Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Stroke of Inspiration

I was flipping channels recently and I came upon Larry King interviewing the entire cast of "Roseanne." Love her or hate her, you must admit the first couple of seasons were really well done. But weighing her contributions to television is not the purpose of the post.

As I watched, the camera panned past John Goodman. Now, this is a point I will happily debate, namely, whether or not Goodman is one of the best actors of our time. He was sporting his usual curly mop and a very full goatee. For some reason, the lights brought red elements in his hair and I don't know what it was, but I immediately was hit with inspiration. Imagine a film biography of G.K. Chesterton, centering around his conversion to the Catholic Faith, starring John Goodman. It was so darned perfect. The only thing missing was the glasses Chesterton wore to make the image perfect.

I wonder how long it would take to work up a 125 page script...

No comments: