Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Accountability


When I heard about Fr. H's way of helping the kids observe Lent, I thought that might be a good way for regular readers of the blog. Now, this won't have a cute punishment stunt attached because one, we can prove whether or not we succeeded and two, I think we are all grown-ups here. I suggest that part of our works for Lent is to make a commitment to support each other in our good resolutions and commitments.

So, without violating anyone's conscience, what are you giving up for Lent? I am giving up TV [mind-fast], making a Holy Hour before the Blessed Sacrament [body-prayer], and making acts of forgiveness to specific people [spirit-give alms]. I also have made the minor resolutions of improving how I celebrate the Divine Office [mind-prayer] and read two spiritual books [mind-give alms]. If you don't understand the stuff in the brackets, please see my earlier post (Making the Most of the Holy Fast, Mon Feb 23, 06:06:14 PM )

No comments: