Friday, March 05, 2004

I Guess It Worked...Just Not In My Favor

I won't rescind the death sentences but I might rescind the blocking...oh, wait, is that supposed to be the other way around? =shrug=

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the Harry Potter Post from yesterday. I really meant that to stimulate some conversation on the subject. No matter how people tell me that I am over-reacting, my gut tells me something is up. Sorry, Huck Finn's disobedience comes with a come-up-ance and some sense of change needed. Harry gets rewarded for the wrong doing. The magic component in Potter is of a different character than the presence of the supernatural in Narnia and LOTR, but for some they will say that I am splitting hairs. For a fine comparison on that point, please see Michael O'Brien's comments here.

The only criticism that I agree 100% with is Greg's that a large threat comes from Philip Pulliam quasi-Gnostic nonsense. The only caveat I would throw into that though he is not as well known or covered as Rowling's work. That and that OCP should be burned to the ground for the ridiculous music coming out of there.

No comments: