Thursday, April 01, 2004

Breaking News...in your colon!?
I have the Today Show on as I blog. Apparently, this whole week has had as a theme the raising of awareness regarding colon cancer. Now, I think we need to promote health awareness, especially when so many problems and illnesses can be avoided through early prevention. Per Fr. Tharp's earlier post, we must have compassion for those who suffer from any cancer and pray for them. BUT (ahem!), I'm not sure what I think about the following. Apparently, furthering the theme, Al Rocher, Today Show meteorologist, will get a colonoscopy on tomorrow's show. I guess I never imagined the day would come when our media personalities would bare their butts and send a camera up the chute. Do we really need to see the wall of Al's colon?

No comments: