Sunday, May 02, 2004

In Tribute to Our 25,000th Visitor
Responses have been most favorable when we have parodied a song as a tribute to all of our readers who have helped us surpass various milestones regarding the number of visitors to this blog. Who wouldn't claim that 25,000 visitors is a milestone? So, in tribute to all who have made this moment possible, we here at CRM dedicate the following song.

Sung to the tune of "A Few of My Favorite Things"

Mantillas for ladies, and heads marked with ashes
Cassocks with piping and watered-silk sashes
miters and croziers, episcopal rings
These are a few of my favorite things

Processional candles and thurible smoking
Crosses and Latin for all of the chanting
Bright shiny marble and bells that go "ding!"
These are a few of my favorite things

Silk damask vestments and torch-bearing servers
Incense and candles adorning high altars
"Ecce Sacerdos..." the choir would sing
These are a few of my favorite things

When R.E. bites
Parish budget stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

(Repeat all verses)

No comments: