Wednesday, June 02, 2004

OH, the tangled web we weave..."
Well, I guess Fr. Tharp knows how to pull me out of seclusion. I couldn't believe it when I read his post claiming that he simply co-opted my name so the blog would appear to be written by multiple bloggers. I was alerted to some strange goings on when I called Fr. Tharp this evening and the moment he heard my voice, he erupted in uncontrollable laughter. It didn't take me long to realize he had probably done something on the blog. Luckily, I was using a cordless phone, which allowed me to go immediately to my computer, call up the blog and see his outrageous post, full of lies, all the while claiming to finally be telling the truth.

Folks, don't believe Fr. Tharp's latest stunt. Remember, I have posted photos of myself here. Photos of Fr. Tharp have also been available. Unless, Fr. Tharp has multiple personality disorder, you can clearly see two distinct styles of blogging from our posts. If the style doesn't convince you, can you possibly believe that someone whose posts are routinely riddled with typographical errors as Fr. Tharp's, could then manage to create the posts that I create? Of course, I realize my attempts to establish my unique personhood as a blogger will be futile. Some of you will go on believing Fr. Tharp's lies. I predict this charade of Fr. Tharp's will quickly find us in the thick of Cartesian universal doubt. Way to go, and thanks Fr. Tharp! Already, someone has suggested in the comments box that it is really Techmonkey Dave who blogs under the names of both priests. When will all of this nonsense end? Where will this deception take us?

It is true, I have been rather silent of late. The new pastor role has kept me plenty busy. But I am alive. I am a real priest of this archdiocese and I am my own blogger.

No comments: