Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Missing the Point

Dear Ms. Ronstadt:

As someone who once worked in your profession, I can certainly echo your feelings about how a crowd affects your performance. I know that many times I would be singing or acting on stage and the audience's mojo will fill me with energy.

But, I found this comment odd: "It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know." Funny. I thought I plunked down $50.00 to hear you for my enjoyment. I would think that such an authentic performer as yourself would know that the raison d'etre of your performance is my enjoyment. That is why you are up there? If you are concerned about your enjoyment, might I recommend singing in the shower or in the car? That way you never have to worry about all those nasty, scary, opinionated Republicans and Fundamentalists messing up your vibe.

Sincerely Yours,

Someone with a Clue.

No comments: