Tuesday, August 17, 2004

For those who gather at the starting line...

With Easter arriving very much earlier this year than in years past, and a flurry of things taking me away from the parish from time to time, I had to get started on R.C.I.A. a bit earlier than I wanted to. Thankfully, I have all the notes from last year's classes, so it is a matter of expanding and fine-tuning, rather than re-writing. I'm also really excited that this year the program includes daily readings from the Holy Bible in an effort to give people the big picture of Salvation History. I'll keep you posted on that front.

The principal reason I mention this is to ask your prayers and penances for my class of candidates and catechumen. I have NO idea how many will show and so the first night is a bit anxious for me as well. Thanks in advance.

No comments: